Thursday, November 25, 2010

 

High Speed Chase In Kanawha County

WEST VIRGINIA...
Two people were taken into custody after leading police on a chase through Kanawha County.
The Kanawha County Sheriff's Department got a call around 6:00 p.m. Wednesday that two vehicles were crashing into each other on Maccorkle Avenue in Jefferson. They also heard that shots may have been fired.
Soon after, deputies spotted a car that was involved in South Charleston. The driver took off and lead police across the Dunbar Toll Bridge and then crashed into a road sign on Roxalana Road.

The man and woman inside took off. Police later tracked down the woman. Brian Wilson was found sitting inside a restaurant nearby. "One of the deputies did find a vehicle and removed a believe he said one of the bullet fragments from the hood of the truck," said Lt. Mike Oakley.
While on scene, Wilson admitted to WSAZ that he fired the shots after the truck kept running into the car he was riding in.

"I knew there was a pistol in the car. I picked it up and cocked it back. I told her to stop the vehicle, I put it in my waist. I hopped out the vehicle, raised up my shirt to let them know I was armed. They started revving up the engine. For her safety and mine I shot low at the engine," said Wilson.
He also apologized for his actions, saying that if anyone was hurt in the chase he was sorry.
Deputies have not said what Wilson and the woman will be charged with.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?