Saturday, November 13, 2010

 

Drug Rehabilitation Facility Hoping To Expand


WEST VIRGINIA...

It's no secret long-term drug rehabilitation facilities are few and far between. It's a national epidemic that's no different locally. While several agencies are addressing the need, the gaps are still wide. It's why one man felt a calling to help. Now, a year later, a new drug rehab facility is already expanding.

"During the good times I was an assistant coach in Wheeling," Otto Turner said. "During the good times, I was a head basketball coach at a community college."
Also during those good times, Turner was a well-respected man with a wife and two children who was on top of the world. But then, that world crumbled.

“It got to the point where drugs drove me," Turner said. "I used to hate drug addicts. I used to hate alcoholics. It got so bad my wife couldn’t take it anymore. She left me. My water got turned off, my electric got turned off, my gas got turned off. I tried to commit suicide twice.,"

Otto went through several drug rehab programs before landing at The Shepherd's House.
"They gave me hope," Turner said. "If you want to get off drugs and alcohol, you need to find God."

Now, the energy Turner used to focus on getting his next high he pours into his cooking.
The Shepherd's House wouldn't have been possible without donations and support from the community.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?