Monday, February 16, 2009

 

Statement From West Virginia Governor.

Gov. Joe Manchin released this statement today after learning of the passing of Lewis County resident and former state senator, William Sharpe:
“I’ve known Bill Sharpe and the entire Sharpe family most of my life. There’s never been a person who was more suited to be a public servant than Bill Sharpe. I had the pleasure of being seated beside Bill my freshman year as a state senator, and it was a distinct honor to watch him in action. He had a humorous way of participating in the legislative process that still makes me laugh today. He never took himself too seriously and was able to add humor to even the most serious matters.
“He’s going to be missed by every one of us who had the honor of being called his friend and he will definitely be missed by all the citizens he served across the state.”





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?