Tuesday, April 15, 2008

 

Chairman of Kentucky PSC Resigning Next Month

Chairman Mark David Goss is resigning from the Kentucky Public Service Commission (PSC). In a letter sent today to Governor Steve Beshear, Goss said his last day at the PSC will be May 2. “It has been my privilege to spend more than four years working with what I truly believe to be the finest group of public employees in Kentucky,” Goss said. “Their dedication and expertise are unmatched, and I have learned more from them than I ever could have imagined.” Goss said he has no firm plans after he leaves the PSC. Before his appointment to the commission in February 2004, Goss practiced law at his family’s firm in Harlan. “I am not sure what I will do next,” he said. “But I intend to remain engaged in the debate over how Kentucky should meet the energy and environmental challenges that will do so much to determine our state’s future.” The PSC is an independent agency attached for administrative purposes to the Department of Public Protection in the Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet. It regulates more than 1,500 gas, water, sewer, electric and telecommunication utilities operating in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and has approximately 105 employees.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?