Tuesday, March 06, 2007

 

Fugate Relates Success In Frankfort To Local Roots


A rising star in Frankfort has just received another promotion but always manages to stay true to his eastern Kentucky Roots. Les Fugate, a Prestonsburg native was announced earlier today by Secretary of State Trey Grayson as the new Deputy assistant secretary of state. Fugate who began is career in Frankfort as spokesman for the Secretary’s office told EKB news that as part of his new duties, he will oversee the communication between the secretary’s office, legislators and constituents; a role he feels will allow him to help the people of the eastern part of the state have a louder voice in Frankfort.

“I think it’s important and I think Secretary Grayson realizes the importance of having someone from Eastern Kentucky be a major part of his leadership team” Fugate said speaking from Frankfort. “We certainly have a different view of Kentucky and what’s important to Kentuckians, especially from our part of the state, than some of our counterparts from larger cities.”
So I have an opportunity to make sure that a voice for eastern Kentuckians is right there in the Secretary’s ear.”
Fugate attributes his current success to his involvement in media through his schooling at Prestonsburg High School.
“I got my start working with a variety of media outlets back home. I competed in High school in radio broadcasting competitions and was honored with the WYMT Ralph Gabbard Broadcasting Scholarship which gave me a chance to get my foot in the door.”

Fugate continued, relating his schooling to his move into state politics “Then once I had the position in the secretary’s office it allowed me to showcase some of my talents and it eventually impressed secretary Grayson enough to move on up the totem poll.”
Secretary Grayson was quoted as saying that Fugate is one of the brightest young leaders in the state and that he is delighted to have him lead addition aspects of the Secretary’s office.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?